top of page
Program Coordinator - Part-Time Position
Open Position at the Peretz Centre: we are seeking a dynamic and collaborative individual to join our team as a Program Coordinator, reporting to the Director of Operations.
The primary responsibility of this role is to grow the operations of Beit Ha'Am programming at Peretz in collaboration and cooperation with other Jewish-serving organizations. The Program Coordinator will oversee various educational, cultural, heritage, and social programs to engage the Israeli community and promote Hebrew programs, language, culture, and traditions.
The Peretz Centre for Secular Jewish Culture in Vancouver, Canada, is one of dozens of schools, cultural centres, libraries, organizations, streets and plazas, from Buenos Aires to Birobidzhan, named in honour of I.L. Peretz, considered the single most influential person in the development of modern Jewish culture. The Peretz Center was founded in 1945 and has a vibrant history, overcoming many obstacles in its effort to maintain its unique role in the Vancouver Jewish community. We are proud to offer a space where views on Jews and Jewish history can be discussed in a candid, respectful, welcoming atmosphere.
The Peretz Centre is grateful to all the members, teachers, staff, donors and volunteers who, over its seven-decade history, have worked tirelessly to ensure its continued service to the Vancouver community.
What you'll do -
• Oversee the management budget and provide oversight to ensure financial efficiency.
• Develop and manage an engaged volunteer pool for program support.
• Coordinate schedules and events with the Jewish Federation of Greater Vancouver and regularly update the Community Calendar.
• Work with the administrative assistant to provide program information for advertising and registration.
• Coordinate with suppliers and vendors to deliver supplies and offered services.
• Assist with logistics, including scheduling and coordinating meetings or events.
• Monitor the registration system and manage the study materials inventory.
• Support additional tasks to ensure smooth operations and provide other team members and volunteers with necessary direction.
Hebrew Programs and Education:
• Organize and facilitate weekly Hebrew lessons for children of Israeli immigrants. This includes teacher recruitment and supervision, registration, communication with parents, classroom supervision, and pedagogical guidance for the teaching staff.
• Coordinate a secular Bar/Bat Mitzvah program in Hebrew, offering in-person sessions at the central location and online sessions at satellite locations.
• Develop a Hebrew-based preschool on the premises of the central location in Vancouver.
Culture and Heritage:
• Plan and organize events, provide access and space for local Israeli Creators, and bring artists from Israel, collaborating with other organizations.
• Develop community events and celebrations at central and satellite locations, such as theatre in Hebrew, Israeli Shabbat and other performances, and holidays.
• Organize social and sports programs.
What you'll need for this role-
• Ability to communicate very well in Hebrew language.
• Good understanding of Israeli culture and knowledge of Jewish traditions and holidays.
• Previous experience of at least 3 years in program coordination or event planning.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to multitask effectively.
• Proficiency in using computer software and applications, including social media platforms.
• Good English communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with stakeholders outside and inside the organization.
What we offer-
• Independent Contractor Agreement with a rate of $30 per hour for one year, with a potential extension option.
• Part-time, 26 hours per week positions with flexible scheduling to work a combination of in-office and remote settings. Exact schedule options are to be discussed during the interview process.
• Dedicated and supporting team with a collaborative and friendly environment.
• Proposed start date- September 1st, 2023.
We encourage you to apply-
If you are a motivated individual passionate about coordinating programs and promoting Israeli culture and language, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and why you are interested in this role to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 14th.
Peretz Centre is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting and maintaining a safe, respectful, diverse and inclusive workforce. We appreciate your interest in joining our team and look forward to reviewing your application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Submit your candidacy...
Please fill the fields below and attach your resume before sending the form, thank you.
bottom of page